We’re excited to see what the new year holds for us here at Carter Express, but we’re also extremely proud of all that happened for our company in 2021. Here’s a quick look at some of our favorite moments from last year:
Citizen Driver Award
- Travel Centers of America recognized our very own Don Tally as their 2021 Citizen Driver Award Honoree. Don is a proud U.S. Army veteran and has worked with us as a Carter driver for 21 years. You can read more about Don and the Citizen Driver program here. (https://carter-express.com/don-talley-2021-citizen-driver-award-honoree/)
New CEO announced
- We promoted our first female CEO to lead our company as we plan for the future. Jessica Paugh Warnke has been part of the Carter family for nine years and was previously the Vice President of Business Development. (https://carter-express.com/carter-express-promotes-first-female-ceo-in-40-year-history/)
Top 100 Truckers
- Carter made the Top 100 Truckers List from Inbound Logistics. We were chosen from a pool of more than 400 companies, and this was the second year in a row we’ve received this award.
Hello Huntsville & Louisville!
- We opened brand new office facilities and cross docks in Huntsville, Alabama and Louisville, Kentucky. With guaranteed weekly pay, sign on bonus, and weekly home time we take care of our drivers.
Toyota Top Service Provider
- Toyota recognized us as a Top Service Provider in the categories of production parts (cross dock) and service parks (over-the-road transportation).
Top Companies for Women to Work For
- We were named one of the Top Companies for Women to Work for in Transportation in 2020 by Women in Trucking and nominated for the 2021 award. At Carter, we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer. Check out our three tips for women considering a truck driving career or about the women trailblazers in trucking history.
2022 Best Fleets to Drive for Finalist
- Truckload Carriers Association and CarriersEdge named us a 2022 Best Fleets to Drive For finalist. The announcement of winners is still pending, but we’re very honored by the recognition.
- Our Toys for Tots Toy Drive collected over $16,000 in toy donations this year. We not only have a great pool of drivers, but we also have an awesome in-office team that offers constant support to our drivers and community.
9. One of our drivers, Darin Pope, didn’t give a second thought when he stopped to help someone in need. His heroic efforts potentially saved a woman’s life. Read more about his experience here. (https://carter-express.com/darin-pope-roadside-hero/)
It was certainly a great year for Carter Express! If you’d like to be part of all that we’re doing in 2022, reach out to us today to get started.