It’s been a long winter and in most areas of the country, the weather is finally starting to get nice again. Since spring is officially here, it’s a great time to do a little spring cleaning around your truck to get rid of all the dirt, mud, and salt we tend to accumulate throughout the winter. Remember – a truck that is well taken care of on the inside and out can reduce your repair costs and show that you take pride in what you do. The idea of spring cleaning can feel a little overwhelming, so here are a few tips from Carter Express to help you get started:
– Deep clean and organize your truck’s interior:
– Get rid of any garbage, wipe down your steering wheel and all handles, and clean out your cup holders.
– Vacuum the floor and seats and wash the floor mats – you can leave these outside to dry while you continue cleaning.
– Treat any stains with an upholstery cleaner.
– Clean your dashboard and headliner with mild soapy water.
– Wash and dry any curtains and bedding.
– Replace the cabin filter.
– Wipe down your door panels.
– Clean all windows and mirrors.
– Rinse out and wash storage compartments.
Wash and wax the exterior of your truck. This is important to not only make your truck shine, but also to remove all the dirt that builds up on and under your truck. Start with a rinse, then a degreaser, soap, and a final rinse. We recommend starting at the bottom and working your way up to ensure you’re scrubbing every inch of the truck and then rinsing from the top down. Waxing your truck will help protect it against fading from the bright sun you’ll be exposing it too throughout the warmer months.
Don’t reach for a power washer – the spray is very strong and can damage the paint on your truck. Instead, use extending brushes to reach the higher areas.
Avoid cleaning the fifth-whe
el mechanism. This is because the water and soap can gum up the grease, which makes it harder to connect your trailer. If you do happen to get soap and water in this area, you’ll need to dry it out completely and then re-grease it.
This is also a great time to look your truck over for any damage. Make sure you check your brakes, tires, and other systems to ensure everything is in good working condition.
Make sure you’re subscribed to our blog and e-news list for industry updates and driving tips. If you’d like to learn more about working with us at Carter Express, give us a call today!